2nd Call for Papers
I am writing to you with the second call for papers. As was decided at the previous meeting in Krakow, the 73rd session of the Société Internationale Fernand de Visscher pour l’Histoire des Droits de l’Antiquité will take place at the University of Edinburgh from 2 – 7 September 2019. The conference will start on the evening of the 3rd of September with a reception, but for those travelling from afar, we recommend that you arrive on the 2nd of September.
The main website of the conference is: https://www.sihda2019.law.ed.ac.uk
To register for the conference, please follow the link on the main website under the heading “event registration”. Permit me to answer a few questions that have arisen in relation to registration:
• Registration for attending the conference ends on 16 August 2019 (GMT).
• There are still some spaces left on the “early-bird registration” at a reduced fee.
• Payment for the conference has to be made via the E-pay system on the website using a credit or debit card. Bank transfers are not possible owing to legal regulations.
• For those who will be accompanied by a spouse or partner and where the partner wishes to attend all the events and excursions, the cost is the same and they should register separately as a conference attendee using the online system.
To submit an abstract for the conference, please follow the link on the main website under the heading “abstract submission”. Permit me to answer a few questions that have arisen in relation to abstract submission:
• The abstract submission system requires users to register separately and to have their registration validated.
• Once your registration has been validated by email, an abstract can be submitted.
• Abstract submission will close on 31 May 2019 (GMT). Abstracts offered after this date will not be accepted.
• A few users have reported that the abstract submission system does not work well with FIREFOX web browser. If you are having difficulties, please use a different web browser.
Should you require an official letter to satisfy visa regulations for entry to the United Kingdom, please contact me directly.
All good wishes,
Paul du Plessis